6 reasons to hire a Chicago property manager
The National Association of Residential Property Managers shares the following ways a property management company can help you with the process:
- Pricing strategy: The amount you can ask for a one bedroom high-rise condo in the Loop can be significantly different than the amount for a one bedroom South side garden apartment. A knowledgeable property manager can help you set the right price for the area.
- Staying legal: In addition to keeping up on local structural requirements, property managers are well versed in fair housing issues, ensuring you stay on the right side of the law.
- Tenant screening: You don’t want just anyone living in your property. A property manager can perform the necessary credit and background checks necessary to ensure that you get great tenants.
- Rent collection: Money is the real reason you bought the property, but collecting from tenants can be a less than pleasant task. A professional Chicago property management company will collect the rent for you, leaving you free to live your life without the stress.
- Maintenance: Maintenance issues are inevitable for any rental property. If you’re not handy yourself, a property manager can make sure that all repairs are handled correctly by the right vendors with the right certifications and expertise.
- Disputes: Whether it’s with a service provider, condominium association, or even your own tenant, a property manager can skillfully defuse a volatile situation, saving you time and money.
In Chicago, property managers are required to hold a valid real estate broker’s license. It ensures the property manager has taken the proper courses and understands the laws related to the trade. To learn more about the services a professional Chicago property manager can provide to you, please contact Real Property Management Chicago Group.