6 reasons to hire a Chicago property manager
The National Association of Residential Property Managers shares the following ways a property management company can help you with the process:
- Pricing strategy: The amount you can ask for a one bedroom high-rise condo in the Loop can be significantly different than the amount for a one bedroom South side garden apartment. A knowledgeable property manager can help you set the right price for the area.
- Staying legal: In addition to keeping up on local structural requirements, property managers are well versed in fair housing issues, ensuring you stay on the right side of the law.
- Tenant screening: You don’t want just anyone living in your property. A property manager can perform the necessary credit and background checks necessary to ensure that you get great tenants.
- Rent collection: Money is the real reason you bought the property, but collecting from tenants can be a less than pleasant task. A professional Chicago property management company will collect the rent for you, leaving you free to live your life without the stress.
- Maintenance: Maintenance issues are inevitable for any rental property. If you’re not handy yourself, a property manager can make sure that all repairs are handled correctly by the right vendors with the right certifications and expertise.
- Disputes: Whether it’s with a service provider, condominium association, or even your own tenant, a property manager can skillfully defuse a volatile situation, saving you time and money.
In Chicago, property managers are required to hold a valid real estate broker’s license. It ensures the property manager has taken the proper courses and understands the laws related to the trade. To learn more about the services a professional Chicago property manager can provide to you, please contact Real Property Management Chicago Group.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.